this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Monday, August 22, 2005

The church and the chicken



well we had an eventful church service on Sunday, a chicken was determined to stay in the service. At the beginning the chicken, lets call him bob, ran through the church, coming in from the side, trying not to get noticed, he was very quickly scared out of the building, only to return at again at the window, (the window has no glass just bars on it) firmly pushing his head through the bars and squarking loudly. Bob got push back out of the church again, he left it a little while for his final attempt to infiltrate the church. He entered the church from the back while it the pastor was introducing the guest speaker, as he entered he made very loud chicken noises and he ran through the congregation around the church and then up to the front of the church around the pastor and then was caught and has never been seen again, I am not sure of bobs fate, he may have become someone's Sunday lunch!!!
I have put a picture of my church up so that you can picture this event better and also have put up a pic of the pick up truck I now drive, I have not run anyone over yet or got stuck in any pot holes! Success all round !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story, Jess, it makes Roe church seem relatively uneventful! The picture of the truck has caused me to be thankful that I am only learning to drive in an Astra, I don't think I could cope with that! God's power be with you in everything that you do. Lots of love from, Jo x

1:26 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home