this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Thursday, July 28, 2005

all my photos












well this is my lovely Mbale, on the right, this is one of the main streets which as you can see has a beautiful view of the mountain which i would like to remind you that i climbed as the pictures prove. the one on the left is near the top, me going up a type of ladder which was really cool and the one in the middle is me looking very pleased to be at the top, nina is next to me, my flat mate, peter is behind me, he is just here for 6 weeks staying with relatives here who i know and vincent is the guy that helps run the project that everyone in my house works with, he also does the mountain trips. he is so cool and he thought i was very funny, he could of sold me at the bottom of the mountain for 30 cows, which is very good, but half way up my value decrease to just one cow! because of my lack of fitness!! i would not be useful. he thought my husband could take a second wife to climb the mountain everyday and i could just have the children!! don't think i am up for that!!
things are going well here, am slightly sweaty at the moment as i have just been playing squash in a random court which was great but i am not very good though, well i have two years to improve!!
work is going well, i am really getting into, i am planning all the life skills sessions that either myself or the teacher will be doing with the girls.
let me know what you are all up to
xxx

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ok so if we all pose with our hands on our hips that should make a nice photo..." 3 2 1 - click!

5:49 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way Jess, did you get our prezzie? We sent it with a Summer team person...

6:51 pm

 
Blogger jess said...

i got the prezzie, thank you so much for it. it was so exciting, it was my first parcel! i am keeping the chocolate well hiden from the guys i live with has chocolate disappear very quickly when they are around!
thankyou so much to the both of you it was so lovely
big hugs xx

10:18 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jess at last I have managed to find yourweb site a bit slow here in c.v. all well Ben is back from travelling seems to have got taller!!!!
Glad all is well with you take care and I will try and find this space again sometime lots of love from the Bucklands

10:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home