this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Monday, July 11, 2005

my first sunday here

well i went to my new church which was great, it is really basic, its near the edge of the slum area where we will be setting up the project. i got introduced at the front and was welcomed into the church. the worship was amazing, it is so good to be around people that are so happy and joyful and can sing really well! the one thing i learnt is that church is very long and it is that way for a reason,when the perosn preaches or even gives a notice they have to repeat it about 3 or 4 time to get the message home, i left a little early as martin one of the pastors from the church who is working with us on the project took me back to town and i had my first boda boda experince, which a bicyle taxi, sitting sideways on the back of it, which was slightly scary but fun. i then got caught in town in a massive rain storm and could not go any where for over half an hour!
i went to a bible study last night which is held mainly for ex pats which was good, and was great to meet so many people. had a power cut at the end of it so came home and went to bed and i am still so exhausted at the moment. i travel down to Kampala tomorrow to see the projects there and meet the staff, that is if i get on the right bus tomorrow morning!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jess
Its so good to hear how you're doing! Very excited for you. I was watching your holiday video last nite from spain and I got a little sad that you weren't just round the corner especially when you let off a massive fart....oh I miss those days.
Anyway, I'm glad Hannah told you my exciting news!!!! I'm going out with Steve....mad!!!!
Keep blogging cos its good to know what you're up to.
Loads and loads of love
Bizzy Lizzyxxxxxxxxx

2:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home