this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Friday, July 15, 2005

I am in Kampala

I got here on Tuesday after a long, hot 4 hour bus journey, in that time though you just have amazing view of the country going from very extreme possible and at a crazy speed, I tried to work how fast we were going and gave up, it was defiantly more than 100mph most of the way on these bumpy tiny roads!
have been visiting the projects in Kampala of Oasis and have had a few meetings, aren't I posh! The projects are great and my best time has to be when we spent the evening at the half way home with the girls, we had dinner with them, they taught me lugandan and then did an hour long performance, which involved lots of singing and dancing and they made me dance! I looked so bad compared to them! They were such lovely girls and have faced so much already in their short lives.
the other exiting thing that happen was we had avery small car crash last night! dont panic, i am fine, was a very slow speed, a taxi, like a minibus was going past and another on tried to over take that one when there was blantly no room and went in to the side of us and the other taxi, the driver then ran off and left the taxi and we went down the the police station with the drunk police officer! it all got sorted and the owner of the taxi will pay for the damage as it was a project car, and by the way i wasn't driving! it was an exciting evening.
am heading back to mbale tomorrow which will be nice to get back to a less hetic way of life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home