this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Friday, August 19, 2005

kenya, driving and lack of sleep!

I went to Kenya last Friday till this Tuesday to see a group of guys from my church in Roehampton. It was so good to see them all, I had a really relaxing weekend, getting there and back was quite knackering, I thought it would take 5 hours it actually took me 9 hours squashed in very small mautatus (mini buses) but I got there and back in one piece which is what matters.
I went to see them in Nakuru in Kenya which was where I went last year, we did some of the sight seeing things around the town and did a day on safari where we saw a lion which was very exciting!!
It was great to spend time with people from home and to be looked after so well, a massive thankyou to you all guys. I was back to work on Wednesday which is great, unfortunately the guy that I work with, Dave has got malaria for the 3rd time in the last 3 months or so, so that is not nice for him.
I went to pastor Nelson and Agness' house for dinner last night (the leaders of my church) I was really nice to spend some time with them and get to know them better, they are desperate to get me preaching in church!!! Scary, I am trying to put it off for at least a month so I can work out the best way to leave the country!! Only joking, no so I can prepare really well!
the most exciting thing that has happened since I got back has been that I am now able to drive the house car, Robbie took me out for a lesson yesterday around town, teaching me the best way to avoid pot holes and the bicycles! Then he let me have the car for the night! Very trusting, but I got everyone home safely and I don't think I scared them too much!! I think his main motivation in getting me to drive was so I could be up at 5.45 am this morning!!! I know, very early, so I could take him to catch the bus in town, the gutting thing was when I got back I couldn't go back to sleep! Oh well it will make me sleep well tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home