this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas and all that


It has been along time, it you want the finer details of my life then I think most people that read this should have got my newsletter, it is long but bear with it and you might find something interesting in it.
this is me by our Christmas tree in the house, I am finding it very hard to feel Christmassy when it is so hot, even all the carol singing isn't doing it, I guess it doesn't help that all the carols are about winter cold things and I am melting due to extreme heat! Thinking about it though the very first Christmas must have been in the blazing heat, I think it is hot in Bethlehem! (please correct me if I am wrong!) the thought that it is was hot when Jesus turned up on earth makes being here seem abit more christmassy and the real thing not the commercial one!
lots has happen since I last blogged so will do a very brief run down
- I had a good time in Kampala, loved Harry potter and still would like to be a witch not quiet sure how that would go down at church though!!
- went to an IDP (internally displaced persons) camp and am planning to help organise some work in this camp monthly
- project going well, should be started by middle of Jan, interviewed for the programme co ordinator post yesterday, had some good interviews with people, working out today who we will short list for the next interview, good stuff
- going to lots of parties obviously related to Christmas, went to a great party by a lovely couple from India, so the real Indian food, and am now suffering with very bad wind!!
-I think I may have a wart on my thumb, nice!!
-best news is a very good friend of mine is coming here for Christmas and new year and we are going on holiday afterwards, more about that another time. I am looking forward to Clare coming on Friday, hooray
-in just over a months time my mum and dad will be here!! Am very excited!!!
well I best get one with some work, will update soon on how my Christmas feeling is going!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm not feeling particularly christmassy either, even after carol singing around roehampton and then at church on Sunday. humbug! I'm glad you're having fun. An Indian Christmas dinner, eh? How was that?! I'm thinking of taking time off or quitting my job and becoming a sailing instructor in the Med all summer! Do you think I should do it? Am gonna decide over xmas. You don't regret leaving Roe, do you?! Anyway enjoy the heat, +have a great time with mate & your ma & pa, + thanks for your newsletter.
Love Steve

8:34 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home