this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

riots and fun stuff like that

well you may or may not have heard but things are kicking off here in the country, mainly in the captial, kampala. They have arrested Besigye, who is the potential oppostion leader who could threaten Museveni, the prime minster. They have arrested him on old charges of treason and rape, so they have been loads of riots in the centre of town, things have calmed down today, but i think he is meant to be in court at the moment, to find out if he will be let out on bail which will determine what happens in relation to riots and things kicking off around the country.
But dont worry i am safe and well.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, Glad your are safe despite all the chaos. We miss you loads. My Mum's coming out to campala in January to do fistular operations or something like that. Maybe you could meet up for a cup of tea. Miss you, miss you, miss you.

4:01 pm

 
Blogger jess said...

i miss you too, am well up for a cup tea with your mum!

5:18 pm

 
Blogger Hoylus said...

Hey Jess,

Glad to hear from you - Hairy lemon?! how weird a name is that?!

anyway - glad to see you're keeping safe.

Phil.

2:06 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Just wanted to say hi and that I read your news, sorry I haven't written but your life is much more interesting than mine at the moment! Anyway I will write to you properly soon. I miss you too, God bless
Love Steve :)

3:15 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! How are you? Sorry I have not emailed you for some time! I've been very busy! But missing you all very much! I'll write soon!

God bless,
Bregina

9:02 pm

 
Blogger DiscardedBarbie said...

hey look jess I got a blog, it's got some photos of richmond park on it from the other day, I thought about you as I walked round our old running routes.
Stay safe

9:19 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home