this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Monday, October 03, 2005

chocolate and insects!

Well at the moment I am currently munching on a dairy milk bar which a lovely friend has sent over to me, it tastes soooo good!!
Last week was quite manic, trying to get the health section of the course finished and checked over, it also involved a lot of bug fighting as I was invaded throughout the week a very large family of ants decided they wanted to live in my bedroom, they are now all dead outside my bedroom window thanks to doom! The strongest bug spray in the world, then I ended up with a lizard in my sink, it could not get out and would not let me help it so the only thing for it was the cat, gizzy grabbed it very well and took it outside but the unfortunate part of the tail(!) was it did leave its tail behind in the sink still moving about!!! yuk! The final stay was that the cockroaches came out to play this week, they are very big and quite ugly, I know they are meant to be the creatures that survive an atomic bomb but my good old faithful doom is getting rid of them! I guess I should worry what is in doom really! All fun stuff though!
this week is going to be a busy one as we have a meeting tonight with a team of docs and nurses that have come over from the UK, to plan the training session they are doing for us tomorrow, the morning session will people for people who could be potential volunteers for the project and the afternoon will be for the potential families we will be working with in the future.
I gave a talking in church yesterday about how people could volunteer for the project and the role they can have, so I guess we will see how effective my speech was by how many people are there tomorrow! I hope it is not just me and Dave!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jessica,

Well Its been fun reading all your entries, I'm just sorry that I havent logged on previously!!

Sounds like you are really moving things along over there, I'm so impresed with you!!

All is good here, I'll write soon and fill you properly!
Take care, Love John xx

12:35 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jess,

I promise i'll sent you some nice Dutch chocolate soon :)

Really miss you guys a lot! I Love reading your messages!

Greetings to all Mbale people!

Love,
Bregina

8:53 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home