this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The rainy season


At the moment here people are debating if we have entered into the rainy season or not. I have definite proof that it is the rain season.
last week I am about to leave the house to go and play squash, the friend I am meeting texts me and says its raining where I am heading too, ok I think will take the mac even though the sky is clear here. By the time I had cycled all of two minutes the heavens had opened and soaked me right though to my pants!! I thought there is not point going back as I am wet as I can possibly get so carried on, visibility became so poor that I could only see 50 meters a head of me and was cycling in at least 3cm of water, which made it very difficult to see where the potholes where. I also had the heaviest pineapple in the world in my bag (my offering for dinner) which slowed me down even more. By memory I managed to avoid the deadly potholes and made it to the sports centre to be met by a very dry friend! The storm carried on for the next hour and a half so we had no option but to play squash, even if I had to play in wet clothes and bare feet because my trainers soaked up most of the rain that fell! It was all a fun and very wet experience, I was very pleased to get back to my friends who cooked me dinner and gave me some very dry clothes. This is my argument that we have defiantly entered the rainy season and may it finish quickly!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are beginning to wonder if the rainy season has arrived in roe too! on fri (a week ago) we had a massive rain storm in roe which flooded the place, we had fire engines in to pump out the water.laura ended up sweeping water out of juice bar and a lot of stuff was damaged. the yip roof leaked so we had to move church and the methodist roof was dodgy anyway, no one has any idea how long it will stay up and there is still no electricity! In sherfield all the stair wells flooded and we couldn't get up to our house either!
We didn't however play squash and thankfully it was prob the worst storm we will have all winter and the sun came out the next day. I hope you and your bike survived
keep us updated xxx

1:32 am

 
Blogger jess said...

wow that is impressive jennifer, hope you are all drying out well!

9:41 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home