this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

My not so exciting life!!

So last week we made what was mean to be a day trip to Kampala for meetings but the truck I was driving ended up breaking down so I had to spend a night in Kampala, which was good in that I got to see friends but as I was not prepared to stay the night I ended up being quite minging by the time i eventually reached Mbale. Its the most horrible thing putting really dusty, dirty clothes that have already been worn for a day back on after a shower! You need to do the journey from Mbale to Kampala to understand how dirty you really get!

I had such a slow journey home as the truck would keep on overheating, I needed to get it back as it was not mine!! The shower I had when I got back home was one of the best I have ever had!! I felt like I needed to use bleach to get my skin free of the dust and grime I had accumulated in the last 2 days!

So the weekend was quite chilled as most of my good friends are away so I turned to the wonder of dvd's to keep me entertained. I watched far too much 24 on Saturday, so spent all Saturday and Sunday night dreaming I was a secret agent working with Jack Bower, not sure I am up for working for the US government but would be up for doing something with Jack Bower though!

As you can probably tell I am missing my friends and I can wait for them to come back in a weeks time so I will have people to talk to! Even at work I am by myself as I am trying to get all my office work done so I can spend more time at the project in my last weeks.
I did have my lovely friend Martin over last night but was more of a technical night of setting him up with blog site and a skype lesson and talking lots about his introduction that is happening on Saturday. An introduction is like the local engagement party which has more weight that the wedding really. I am so looking forward to it even though I do have to wear a gomez, the traditional dress, so next week expect to see some very funny pictures of me in a shinny dress with far to big shoulders!! You will see what I mean!!

As I type this I have just had an invite for dinner tonight, hooray!! Getting a social life back, the best type as I dont have to cook!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home