this is to keep you all up to date with what i am up to in africa and for you to fill me in on what exciting things you are doing!!

Monday, March 12, 2007

plasters

I only have 7 weeks left until I leave Mbale. So things are getting quite strange here now and I guess they will be like this until I go, my main topic of conversation with people is about me leaving, ‘Why I am?’ ‘Why I can’t stay?’ and the dreaded question of ‘What I am going to do next?’ Which for most of these questions I am either bored of answering the same thing or I just quite simply don’t know the answer yet!

Don’t get me wrong am still loving it here and enjoying my time but feel I should explain how I feel about life at the moment with the use of the ‘plaster metaphor’, stick with me, it makes sense to me!!!

At the moment it feels like when you have a plaster on, you have had on for a very long time and its really stuck on and you have got quite used to it being there. It has become very comfortable but you know its time to pull it off, now what I would do if this was really just a plaster not at metaphor, is to pull it off quickly, have the pain in a short and intense way.
It feels like my life is like the plaster pulling off situation, now I have a plaster to pull off, I know its going to hurt lots (leaving that is!) and in way as much I don’t want to go yet but I wish it would just happen now like ripping that plaster off quickly but instead I have to peel it off slowly knowing that the pain is going to go on for a long time and will especially hurt at the end when it is stuck on all the hairs of you arm!!

Hope that makes sense!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home